Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mad for Macarons

I just recently started making macarons.  They are absolutely addictive!  I can't stop making and eating them.  I was first drawn to how pretty they are.  They are so colorful and cute.  I initially found a recipe on the Internet.  I wasn't sure what to expect- after all I've never even tasted a macaron!!  The color was good (they were an awesome purple) and they didn't taste too bad, but they were not very cute!  More like odd shaped and cracked.  This lead to some investigation and I came across a kit that I found on Amazon.  It came with the silicone mat and a silicone bag that made it so much easier to pipe the meringue into perfect little circles.  The first batch were saffron pumpkin spice with a chocolate ganache filling.  YUM!!  The texture was absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment